11 May 2013

Summer Sketchin'

Summer's finally here!  The birds are chirping, the sun is shining....and my laptop is gone.  Again.  It seems like its becoming a theme of my laptop having something wrong with it right when the end of the year rolls around resulting in me waiting around yearning for IT to set it free and send it back to me.  Oh well, it just means my laptop will have superpowers by the end of the four years....right?

However, I've rediscovered drawing on PAPER and using public things like LIBRARIES to scan and upload things.  So here's what I've been up to:


(it's cool to see how much I have improved, especially looking at this drawing of feet I put in my portfolio for Ringling)

 Some super quick gestures of my grandma's dogs running around.
Attempted some self portraits.

I've been studying anatomy and trying to improve my drawing skills in general.  I have a long way to go!  Also, I've been watching one movie every night that i've been on break to catch up on my lack of movie knowledge.  Hopefully my movie knowledge won't be so shameful by the time summer break is over!

Until next time when I hopefully have a computer I can animate on,
-Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment